Australian-English Copyeditor (Remote Freelance)
Hogarth is the Global Content Experience Company. Part of WPP, Hogarth partners with one in every two of the world’s top 100 brands including Coca-Cola, Ford, Rolex, Nestlé, Mondelez and Dyson. With a breadth of experience across an extensive range of sectors, Hogarth offers the unrivaled ability to deliver relevant, engaging, and measurable content across all channels and media - both established and emerging.
The number of channels at our fingertips; the need for speed; and the drive for mass personalisation, all mean that brands need different solutions.
Our global team of over 6,000 craft and technology experts brings together creative, production and innovation to help clients navigate this exciting and ever-changing world of today’s content experience.
What would this Copyeditor do at Hogarth?
As part of a language validation team, you will copyedit, proofread and annotate marketing material. You will also work closely with writers and other creative team members to maintain the highest possible quality standards. The ideal candidate is technically savvy with a keen eye and exceptional attention to detail, ensuring clarity and accuracy. Being flexible, adaptable and results-driven, with an ability to focus and prioritise in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is critical in this role.
This is a freelance remote position with work coming in intermittently and would require you to work in the APAC timezone (for collaboration purposes).
- Validating customer-facing marketing content across multiple digital channels with a focus on consistency with brand tone of voice, personality and cultural relevance
- Edit and proofread editorial, marketing, and social media copy
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure timely delivery
- Ensure clarity and accuracy in communications
- Leverage glossaries and style guides to ensure brand alignment
- Responsible for ensuring product and technical accuracy, as well as linguistic accuracy (grammar and spelling, cultural fit)
- Responsible for providing ongoing guidance and feedback
- Proactively contribute ideas for process improvement
- Responsible for keeping own product and brand knowledge up to date
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in copyediting and/or subediting for both marketing and technical materials for the Australian market
- Must also have a nuanced understanding of language conventions, style and usage
- Experience working for global brands
- Working knowledge of translation and project management tools
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work as a team member
- Must be able to perform effectively and efficiently under time pressure
- Solid understanding and grounding in the Australian English style, usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to focus and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and able to adapt within an environment of constant change
- Ideal candidates will have previous editorial, proofreading, and localisation experience at an advertising agency, marketing communications group, or localisation/transcreation agency
If you are interested in the role, please submit your application by filling in the form . Any CVs sent via direct email will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
Hogarth is an equal-opportunity employer. That means we believe in creating a truly inclusive culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion for everyone through our ideas, our people, how we behave and how we conduct ourselves. We strive to recruit people from diverse backgrounds and support them to achieve long-term success. This not only makes Hogarth a better company and place to work, but an environment where everyone can give their point of view, experience connection, enjoy opportunity and feel a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability. As part of our commitment to making our hiring processes as equitable as possible, we are currently rolling out a policy which ensures that hiring managers review CVs only after they have been processed through an automated anonymisation system. This aims to ensure that all candidates are considered for interview based solely on their experience and what they can bring to the role. The solution, provided by MeVitae, scans and redacts CVs to reduce potential reviewer bias.
Please contact email@example.com if you need the job advert or form in another format.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
When you click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of this page, this will send all the information you have added to Hogarth WW. Before you do this, we think it's a good idea to read through our Privacy statement. This explains what we do with your personal data when you apply for a role with us, and, how you can update the information you have provided us with or how to remove it.