Freelance Senior Copywriter
The small but mighty team here at AirMason is excited to welcome a senior copywriter to our ranks! We’re a fast-paced start up with huge projections for growth in the coming months – if staying agile and spinning many plates at once is where you thrive, we want to hear from you.
This freelance role is super varied – you’ll be jumping from client projects (turning their “legalese” handbooks into digestible, enjoyable reads) to helping develop copy for our platform, to helping us create beautifully written templates for emails, and many other internal processes.
You will be taking full ownership of the copy projects we work on, taking an initial client brief (via video calls with clients), through to liaising with our design and onboarding teams to see a project through to completion.
We’re a remote-first business with core hours within the EST time zone. Wherever you’re based, you’ll need to have at least some crossover with these each day to ensure ongoing collaboration with the team. You can expect tons of flexibility, some good, old-fashioned hard work, and a team of genuinely motivated, goal-aligned people behind you for support along the way.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with creative + customer success teams to create fun, engaging handbooks for hugely varied clientele – from brand names you’ll know and love to exciting startups who we’re pivotal in helping in those early days.
- Conducting client brief sessions to understand the tone of voice and style; general fact-finding to understand more about our clients’ company culture and their goals.
- Copywriting, copyediting and proofreading clients’ employee handbooks/culture books/other materials.
- Liaising with clients back and forth on revisions, before communicating projects to the creative team for next stages.
- Working on internal copy requirements such as email templates, web copy, platform adjustments and more.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have impeccable writing skills (naturally) and a strong ability to communicate verbally, ideally with some client facing experience.
- You’re able to work autonomously. We don’t want to be checking your work, chasing you on deadlines and wondering what you’re up to, so self-discipline is key (but don’t worry – we’re here for you with any and all questions/support you need).
- You have a strong and proper command of grammar. Please include in your application one perfect use of an Oxford comma ☺ (half joking, but it wouldn’t hurt…)
- You have the ability to write in a casual, conversational tone which engages the reader from the off, across many mediums.
- You have a varied portfolio we can take a look at. They don’t have to be live examples, but we want to see that you’re able to turn your hand to different styles, tones and mediums.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You aren’t afraid to ask the question again if the answer wasn’t clear first time.
- You’re truly committed to doing your best work, always. That means not rushing/putting out sub-par work; taking accountability; doing things the right way, without excuse.
- You can work 20-30 hours a week.
- You want to be a part of a team, get involved, and have a real impact in a diverse startup business at a crucial stage in our growth.
If all of the above sounds like you would be a great freelancer with us, get in touch.
Due to the high number of applications we are, unfortunately, not able to provide individual feedback to your application at this early stage of the process.