Freelance Lifestyle Editor/Writer at Backyard Boss
Are you a dynamic and driven editor, who is dedicated to doing vigorous research and editing interesting, compelling, and factual content? Are you a “go-getter” with a creative eye and interest in the subject matter? If so, then you are just what we’re looking for at Backyard Boss!
The editorial team at Backyard Boss is looking for a Freelance Editor/Writer to contribute to editing, writing, and publishing articles for our growing website geared towards gardening, backyard projects, landscaping, grilling, and more! As an editor, you will edit and publish original, informative and eye-catching content that our audience is craving to read.
- Edit a minimum of 5 articles per day, with no upper limit
- Write a minimum of 20 articles per month, with no upper limit
- Collaborate with the editorial team
- Provide writers with insightful feedback
- Input work into our in-house CMS according to our guidelines
- Cover Letter (tell us why you want to write for us!)
- 2-3 samples of your previous work that are relevant to Backyard Boss content and that demonstrate your writing abilities
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in editing - prior experience writing for an online or print publication is strongly preferred
- At least 1 year of editing/writing experience
- Broad knowledge of published gardening, backyard, landscape and grilling
- An eye for catching grammatical and factual errors
- A background in Journalism and lifestyle content is strongly preferred
Our hiring team at Backyard Boss will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant samples will be considered. We look forward to collaborating with positive and inspiring candidates, always!
Please note that we have a zero-tolerance policy regarding plagiarism on our site. Any AI content generating tools are also forbidden from use. Therefore, any evidence of plagiarism within your work or AI-generated content will result in the rejection of your application.