Freelance SEO Content Writer
Lamark Media is expanding the freelance division of its SEO Content Department. If you are an experienced writer who is able to research topics, write exceptional content, self-edit, and meet deadlines, we want to hear from you. Please respond with your resumé and writing portfolio with a minimum of two long-form content samples.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create content that people want to read, engage with, and share, that drives traffic and leads, and delivers sales and customer retention.
- Produce written content for websites. This includes copywriting and may include development of infographics, GIFs, quizzes, etc. utilizing third-party tools.
- Proofread and edit peer-written marketing collateral.
- Conduct research on a wide variety of topics.
- Ability to generate factual, grammatically correct content that is engaging to the reader
- Must be able to meet deadlines and to keep an open line of communication about in-progress tasks
- Adept at keyword utilization (keywords will be provided)
- Ability to identify authoritative sources for research and to enhance the credibility of the content.
- Respond to shifting priorities quickly and effectively as necessary
- Ability to maturely receive and respond to constructive feedback and revision requests
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and positively approach problem-solving
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- Professional demeanor and dependable work-ethic
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Flexibility with changing processes in a growth environment
- Ability to edit and proofread the work of others
- Experience writing sales and lead-focused marketing collateral
- Knowledge of on-page SEO, including heading structure, usage of lists and whitespace, meta tags, image optimization, internal linking, URL best practices, conceptual understanding of LSI keywords
- Ability to submit work using Lamark Media software task management and content platforms.
- Ability to use artificial intelligence (AI) and duplicate content detection tools. (Lamark Media does not allow the use of ChatGPT for content generation.)
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) with an emphasis in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field, or two or more years of experience in SEO content production
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent grasp of spelling and grammar
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Please apply if:
- You have freelance writing experience
- You can adapt quickly to task management and content production software
- You have an understanding of on-page SEO
- You have a knack for marketing language and a fascination with consumer behavior
- You have specific knowledge of certain industries, such as legal, medical, industrial equipment, computer software, or other relevant verticals.
- You are communicative and responsive
- You can meet deadlines and adhere to other guidelines.
Please do not apply if:
- You do not have any professional writing experience
- Your professional writing experience is limited to news reporting
- You do not have any experience using Content Management Systems
- You enjoy being micro-managed
- You work to produce quantity over quality