Freelance Data Writer and Researcher
ConsumerAffairs is looking for freelance researchers and data writers to create data-driven articles on a variety of topics. The freelancer will be expected to research assigned topics and properly source credible references. The ideal candidate will have proven experience finding, analyzing, and interpreting data sets that help simplify complex topics and add context to the industry at large. Success in this role requires extensive research/competitor analysis abilities, knowledge of SEO, and writing skills.
ConsumerAffairs prefers to build long-term relationships with freelancers who can commit to delivering high-quality work consistently. For each article, the freelancer will receive a detailed outline for each topic and content style guidelines to follow.
- Research facts, figures, insights, and trends according to topic outline
- Perform in-depth competitor analysis to ensure our article is the most comprehensive and up-to-date resource on the web
- Present data/research in a clear, concise manner, using bullet points, subheadings, and other contextual elements to discuss the topic
- Suggest ways to display the information more clearly (tables, graphics, charts, etc)
- Turn in clean work that is publish-ready, based on detailed project outlines and content style guidelines
- The ability to analyze large amounts of first-hand data (recent studies, publications, press releases, insights/trends) and organize the information into a clear, concise, and scannable article
- Experience writing engaging and informative content related to research topics
- Research experience in academic editing, publishing, or journal article writing is preferred (studies conducted, papers written/published, papers reviewed, etc.)
- Knowledge of AP style writing is also preferred