SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for a Copywriter to write crisp informative copy that helps attract and convert customers across all of our channels.
As our new Copywriter you’ll be an integral member of our growth team, creating compelling communication across multiple marketing channels and in-app. Your work will range from coming up with witty one-liners to polishing strategic core messaging, always acting as a guardian of our brand and tone-of-voice.
Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills are essential for this role, as you’ll be coordinating cross-functionally to drive real and sustainable impact.
- Write, write, write. Whatever the channel, product and audience, you’ll be our go-to person for elegant and engaging copy
- Communicate big ideas creatively with character and wit, whether it’s a three-word headline or a longer technical article
- Continually work to understand both customers and products to identify, recommend, and execute communication plans for customer profitability, retention and growth
- Work closely with marketers, product managers, designers, and analysts to plan and execute campaigns and activations
- Work with product marketing to help set best practices and guidelines for copywriting, ensuring that both internal and external copy adhere to those guidelines
- You have 3-4+ years of experience writing for an agency, media or tech company
- You have outstanding writing skills and a deep understanding of grammar
- You have experience in writing marketing copy for a range of channels and audiences, be it Lifecycle, CRM, Paid or Social
- You know how to write for the web, apps and ads – and the differences between them
- You have UX copywriting experience and feel comfortable working with product teams
- You are a curious, opportunistic and scrappy self-starter who can capture and execute opportunities as they arise, even under very tight deadlines
- You're a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment
- You can give and receive constructive feedback
- You will write in English but bonus points for other languages
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office