Personal Finance Freelance Editor
InvestorPlace.com is looking for Personal Finance Freelance Editorswho are eager to bring their sharp eye for grammar and style to a new project focusing on a consumer audience.
Ideal candidates will lovethe written word and be eager to help consumers make the best decisions for – and with – their money. As we gear up to launch coverage of topics like savings accounts, credit cards, and mortgage rates, we need editors who understand the ins and outs of review writing and care about delivering helpful, actionable content to our readers. Many of our editors also edit at high volume. We will not consider candidates without strong editing experience.
What’s in it for you?
InvestorPlace.com provides freelance editors with the opportunity to dive into the world of self-directed investing and personal finance -- and we have big-time partnerships with major sites like Yahoo, MSN, and Business Insider. You’ll also benefit from working with our top-notch writing team who produce as many as 2,000 articles a month! Our writers and editors receive regular editorial feedback and opportunities to participate in unique projects.
InvestorPlace highly values its freelancers – many of them have been with us for years and have evolved alongside our site.
- Actively participate in daily assignments process. Top-performing freelancers edit up to 8 articles a day (600-1,200 words each) and meet daily deadlines.
- Edit our personal finance content with SEO in mind. We expect you to prioritize quality, style, and SEO, while making sure our writers have communicated clearly and actionably. For instance, is it clear why one savings account is better than another? We need your help to deliver the best content possible.
- Respond to and appropriately incorporate feedback from our in-house editorial team.
- Demonstrable editing skills (be prepared to take an editing test!)
- Experience dealing with reviews writing and affiliate marketing content is a plus.
- Experience working with WordPress or similar Content Management System is a plus.
InvestorPlace is one of the largest, smartest, fastest moving financial publishers on the planet.
Started over 40 years ago, we publish detailed research and recommendations for self-directed investors, financial advisors, and money managers.
The InvestorPlace business model is very straightforward: We publish our ideas (via a subscription model) with the aim of enriching and educating investors. If we do our jobs well, our customers stick around. It’s a simple, transparent business model that investors have loved since the 1970s.
InvestorPlace editors and analysts have varied backgrounds in the financial industry. They have worked as hedge fund managers, financial advisors, and securities analysts.
Many of the world’s top media outlets have taken notice of our ideas over the years. The work of our analysts has been profiled in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Bloomberg, Time, MarketWatch, Barron’s and USA Today.
Inside our company’s DNA, you’ll find a relentless focus on respectfulness, hustle, hard work, adaptability, clear communication, data analytics, open mindedness, and creativity.
As an employer committed to equal opportunity and a diverse workforce, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.