Freelance Spanish Writer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Use your expertise in creative writing to help improve how millions of people learn languages on Duolingo!
Duolingo is looking for a world-class creative writer to develop scripts in Spanish for a new audio feature for learners of English. If you have creative writing experience, a passion for language learning, and an interest in helping Duolingo create high-quality educational content, this position is perfect for you. This is a part-time freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible, though attending occasional scheduled Zoom meetings will be required.
- You Will... (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with educational content developers to write scripts (primarily in Spanish) for pedagogical content.
- Exercise creativity and humor to ensure that lessons are fun and engaging.
- You Have... (Role Requirements)
- The ability to work approximately 20 hrs/week (workflow may vary from week to week).
- Native proficiency in Spanish with experience writing in Spanish for a Spanish-speaking audience.
- A BA and at least 5 years of demonstrated creative writing experience (Script writing experience preferred).
- A background in educational content writing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and communicate in English.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million learners and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s #1 way to learn a language