Expert Writer/Editor Needed for Home, Garden, DIY and Lifestyle Niche
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a talented writer with a genuine interest in topics related to home, garden, DIY and lifestyle? We are looking to grow our exciting team at Trendir.com, DIYS.com, HomeDSGN.com.
We are currently seeking new team members to edit old content and to write in-depth features and how-to guides/tutorials covering:
- Home design, furniture, trends - main topic DIY tutorials (listicles) and crafts - secondary topic
- We would prefer a person with knowledge (and experience) in each of these areas rather than writers with only surface-deep knowledge in multiple areas.
- And we would prefer someone who's not afraid of writing, as these stories would probably go 3,000 to 5,000+ words.
- Previous online blogging or writing experience
- Produce well-researched content which covers topics comprehensively and engages our audience
- Editing old content for SEO (adding new items to listicles, work on Headings, alt text for images, etc)
- Not being bothered to answer readers in the comments Excellent command of the English language.
Additional skills (optional):
- WordPress knowledge - what plugins are, what themes are, how WordPress works, etc.
- Being able to source images for your content (photo editing skills is an added bonus; iStock account for searching pics)
- Active on social networks and not having a problem with sharing your content.
We're looking for writers with a genuine interest in crafting high-quality material.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the right individuals.
Please send links to three samples of your published work and why you would be a good fit for this role. If you don’t have any published work but still feel you are particularly well-suited, please link to a Google Doc with an example of your writing. When applying, please include your desired rate per word/article.
Your application has been successfully submitted.