Article Writer (Freelance)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We eliminate risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home and streamline the homebuying process by unifying brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA.
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and take risks to fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We’re currently seeking an editorially minded Article Writer - Freelance to work with our rapidly growing Marketing team. You’ll write articles for our in-house publication, The Living Room (flyhomes.com/blog), and may also contribute accompanying copy for infographics or checklists.
We publish in five verticals: buying and selling a home, real estate market data and insights, living in your home (decor, DIY, remodeling, upkeep), mortgage and money, and local interest (such as neighborhood guides). Our growing team of freelance contributing writers is a group of talented, data-driven, detail oriented authors who love to learn and share what they learn. We explain complex concepts in simple, engaging ways. We share our geekery for topics like median home prices. We put our audience first, writing to answer their questions and provide the information they need … and keep them entertained, too!
What You'll do
- Write assigned articles for our in-house publication, The Living Room, in one or more vertical, under your byline or as part of the Flyhomes editorial umbrella
- Explore formats including listicles, guides, quizzes, and more
- Provide newsletter copy introducing your articles
- Pitch article ideas to the Editorial Director
- Conduct interviews with real estate and mortgage industry experts as needed
- Distill complex topics into easy-to-understand, engaging copy
- Share your expertise -- Are you a real estate market expert? Great, we want to share your insights! Are you obsessed with home decor trends? Cool, we need you! Do you see yourself fitting into our verticals in another way? Awesome, tell us about it!
- Meet a high quality bar while following SEO guidelines
What You’ll Bring
- A portfolio of published articles on topics related to at least one of these: buying/selling homes, the real estate market, mortgage, financial health, home decor, DIY, remodeling, local guides (in these geos: Seattle, Bay Area, LA area, San Diego, Boston, Portland, Austin, Denver, Houston)
- A strong written voice
- Interviewing and research skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and zero tolerance for typos
- Proficiency in AP style
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- The hunger to write lots of great articles!
- Analytical and Critical Thinker: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to convey messaging to diverse audiences. You are comfortable conceptualizing, writing and editing customer-facing content
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage. You have a passion for emerging technologies and a willingness to learn new tools quickly
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through in execution of programs and report out of effectiveness
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Your application has been successfully submitted.