Freelance Data Science Copywriter
This job is no longer accepting applications.
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
DataCamp is looking for talented data science writers to join its marketing team in a freelance capacity (remotely, part/full time). You will be joining a creative, empathetic, and driven team responsible for developing high-quality thought leadership on data science, artificial intelligence, and technology.
Reporting to the Director of SEO, the data science copywriter will be responsible for producing long-form copy on a variety of topics in the world of data science for DataCamp’s website and blog. Applicants are required to provide links to data science publications or writing portfolio.
- Leveraging data science expertise to produce guides, blog posts and data science analyses to be published on the DataCamp website and blog.
- Maintain the official DataCamp style guide.
The ideal candidate
- Has 1+ years data science/statistics/machine learning experience
- Is comfortable programming in Python, SQL and/or R, or fluent working with business intelligence platforms such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Enjoys working with other people and interacting with subject matter experts
- Is passionate about online education
- Has completed online courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Is extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Enjoys giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Is a native English speaker
- Familiarity with SEO is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to build and grow your data science network by working with and learning from experts in the field
- Opportunity to build the world’s most comprehensive data science training resource
- Flexible hours
- Working with a great team towards a shared goal (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
Your application has been successfully submitted.