Freelance Content Strategist
Content Harmony is a data-driven workflow for creating content briefs. We’re looking for freelance content marketing strategists who love creating content briefs to help run our managed services team.
Most Content Harmony customers use our software directly to build their own briefs. But we also support customers who need an on-demand-content-strategist to build briefs for them.
TLDR - you get paid to create content briefs for agencies and brands, without all of the hassles of finding and managing clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Buildin’ Briefs - you’ll use Content Harmony’s workflow to research a topic, and build a suggested outline as well as other standard info like suggested H1, title tags, word count, etc.
Why you'll like working with us:
- No Client Management or Sales Required - We’ll take care of most client onboarding and communications. You’ll be responsible for building the brief and delivering a single round of revisions if requested. No need to build pitch decks or send out proposals.
- Pick Your Specialties - You'll be able to pick and choose topics areas - our customers need briefs built for topics from [home improvement] to [cloud data storage] to [cosmetics]. We don't expect you to be able to do all of those, and we'll have multiple freelance strategists available to make sure our customers are matched well.
- Quick Payments - Initially we'll run pay cycles every 2 to 4 weeks depending on volume. Eventually, we'd like to have our process set up so that you get paid upon initial delivery.
- Pick Your Own Hours - We want to see a <7-day completion time after briefs are ordered, but otherwise, you can work whenever you like.
- Transparent Payments - You'll earn $60-90 per completed brief. You keep 50% of whatever we charge the customer. If a customer orders a single brief you'll get paid more. When customers order at least 10 briefs at a time they get a volume discount, so rate will go down, but you get a larger batch of guaranteed work and will average less time per brief. We spend an average of 30-90 minutes on a brief so your hourly rate here should average about $50-100+.
- The #1 requirement is previous experience building content briefs. We will train you on our process but if you've never built out a brief before, and you don't have a background in content strategy or SEO, this won't be a great fit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.