Food and Grocery Feature Writer
Food and grocery site Mashed is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our feature team.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and grocery shopping content similar to Mashed. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
Mashed is the ultimate destination for food lovers. Whether you’re just learning how to cook or ready to take your kitchen skills to the next level, Mashed has all the tips and tricks you’ll ever need to be a chef… Or at least enough hacks to help you fake it til you make it. We’ve got your back at every step, from grocery shopping smarts to serving a perfectly prepared dish. Would you rather eat out than whip it up yourself? Mashed has all the info you’ll need for that, too — from the best and worst foods to order at your favorite restaurants, to what today’s most popular chefs really have up their sleeves. No matter what kind of foodie you are, Mashed has your recipe for success.
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 1800 to 3000-word articles in custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold the quality of content
- Compensation: Paid per word
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on Mashed
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.