SEO Content Writer for B2B/Tech Niches
Smemark is an upscale content marketing studio specializing in SEO and blog content for B2B/Tech brands like Automattic, Kinsta, Jeff Bullas, Website Builder Expert, CoSchedule, Sprinklr, Sleeknote, and more.
We’re growing fast, and our current capacity to write content is not enough to match exceeding demand from new clients and projects.
So we are looking for freelance writers who have experience with (or an interest in learning) high-quality content writing in the B2B/SaaS space.
## Benefits ##
- Build a long-term relationship.
- Payment 0.10 - 0.15 USD/word depending on how well you write and follow instructions
- Choose your hours and work remotely
- A steady flow of work — at least 4 articles (1000-2000 words each) per month
- On-the-job training to build skills that allow you to charge higher rates in future
## What You’ll Be Doing ##
- Understand and analyze complex concepts quickly and make them easier to understand for others through your writing.
- Write fully optimized, long-form blog posts, ebooks, and other types of content for our own website, as well as for clients. Optimization includes backing up claims, adding images, making content actionable, adding examples, internal links, and external links.
- Follow a strict, pre-defined process and instructions provided to you via content brief and our writing style guide.
- Publish content live on the web complete with links, images, alt texts, proper formatting, SEO, and so on.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of software products to write/edit tutorials, listicles, guides, blog posts, and other high-quality technical material.
## What We Look For ##
- Flawless English written and verbal communication. You don’t need to be a native English speaker but nobody should notice that you aren’t.
- You are detail-oriented. You realize we have processes to ensure we deliver top-quality work and respect that each step in those processes is important.
- Familiar and flexible with the content agency life (e.g. multiple clients and style guides, strict deadlines, and process-driven workflows).
- Google doc comments are not enough for us to help you understand our expectations and workflow. You should be open to coaching, and willing to get on as many online meetings/video calls as required to review your work, walk through feedback and train you properly on our processes.
- Familiarity with marketing automation, digital marketing, SEO, CRM, social media, HTML, CMS (WordPress, Shopify, etc.), Google Sheets, Google Docs, Clearscope, and other common B2B/cloud software, tools, and technologies.
- Self-motivated and can work independently in a 100% remote position with all the necessary equipment: High-speed internet connection, computer with good configuration, headphones with mic, and familiarity with online video meetings, webinars, and voice calls.
- PayPal account for international payments.
## HOW TO APPLY ##
Please send an email with the following details to hiteshsah [at] smemarkdigital.in
- Three best samples of your published work in B2B/Tech space (specific pages or posts, not generic website URLs). Your samples should demonstrate your ability to (a) back up statements with research data/statistics; (b) explain a concept with an example, story, or case study; (c) describe a process with actionable steps and screenshots; and (d) add relevant internal and external links.
- Your location, and by when are you available and ready to start.
- How many words can you deliver per week, your typical delivery time, and expected per-word rate.
- Are you willing to work on a trial assignment (1500 words) at 50 USD? This will help us evaluate your fit for the tasks and team.
Did you read the whole job posting? What does it say about Google doc comments?
Your application has been successfully submitted.