Freelance SEO Writer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Motley Fool is looking for a skilled Freelance SEO Writer to join our UK team on a remote independent contract basis 10-20 hours per week.
Who are we?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial information and services firm with nearly 30 years of experience focused on making the world smarter, happier, and richer. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our products and services.
The Motley Fool is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a motley group of overachievers that have built a culture of trust founded on Foolishness, fun, and a commitment to making the world smarter, happier and richer. However you identify or whatever winding road has led you to us, please don't hesitate to apply if the description above leaves you thinking, "Hey! I could do that!"
What is an SEO Writer?
Though we are based in the U.S., The Motley Fool has operations around the world, and our Global SEO team is responsible for connecting global audiences with our content. The SEO Writer would support our UK SEO team, writing SEO-friendly article content and optimizing copy on commercial pages to increase organic search traffic and revenue.
But What Would You Specifically Do in this Role?
- Write SEO-friendly article content that’s educational, informative and authoritative
- Optimize copy on commercial pages for better search rankings
- Input internal links into content for better site architecture
- Optimize on-page ranking factors such as meta descriptions, anchor text, image alt text, etc.
- Collaborate with SEO & Product teams to create a seamless user experience on the website
- Edit and publish content in Wordpress
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience writing with search engine optimization principles in mind
- Knowledge of the personal finance industry, with emphasis on the credit card and investing industries
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for using data to understand how your writing impacts the business
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor!
Ideal Additional Experience and Skills:
- Experience writing in the personal finance industry that lends you expertise and authoritativeness as a writer
- Experience building out internal linking structures
- Experience working with content management systems, preferably with direct WordPress experience
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Trello, Monday, and Slack
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Motley Fool is dedicated to making the world smarter, happier, and richer.