Freelance IPO Writer
Who we are
The Motley Fool’s mission is "To make the world smarter, happier, and richer." For 25 years that has meant providing impartial and informed investment recommendations with a healthy dose of personal finance guidance on the side.
As we seek to empower everyone with the knowledge, tools, and confidence to attain financial freedom, our coverage is continually expanding.
We bought the blog Millennial Money from its founder, Grant Sabatier, in 2020, to teach millennials the fundamentals of financial freedom, including increasing your earnings power, managing your money, and investing in stocks and real estate. (Grant remains involved in the creative process.)
There’s a lot of money advice out there (some good, some less good), and we’re cutting through the noise that often leaves people feeling helpless and insecure about key financial decisions.
So now that you know who we are at Millennial Money, let's talk about you.
Who we're looking for
The Millennial Money team is looking for an expert investment writer to write about the current boom in IPOs.
This writer can clearly explain what a business does and the mechanics of the deal.
They’ll have an opinion about the IPO and the company’s competitive position in its industry.
They’ll be able to describe the benefits and risks associated with the investment.
They'll also write educational content on a variety of investing topics. That could mean a quick, catchy article (think "5 Reasons Companies Go Public") or an in-depth guide to valuing a business.
Lastly, this writer will be a news junkie who keeps up with, and has opinions on, the latest developments in the market. If you could talk for hours about Dogecoin, SPACs, Elon Musk, and second-round funding, then you may be the writer we're looking for!
- Research upcoming and recent IPOs.
- Write informative, consumer-facing articles about IPO stocks.
- Stay current on industry trends and key data sources.
- Pitch timely article ideas based on relevant news and trends.
- Accept writing assignments and deliver them on deadline.
- Use and continually learn about SEO best practices.
- Adapt to our ever-evolving needs, processes, formats, etc.
- Attend meetings with in-house staff to discuss new initiatives and best practices.
- 5+ years' experience writing about stocks, with previous publishing credits.
- Knowledge of digital content and SEO best practices.
- The ability to write clear, fluid, and engaging prose.
- Adaptability and responsiveness to feedback.
In your application, please provide at least three relevant writing samples.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Motley Fool is dedicated to making the world smarter, happier, and richer.