Freelance Content Editor
At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
The Content & Editorial team at Angi is looking for an experienced Freelance Content Editor to join our growing team. We’re building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
This is a freelance position. This position is open to U.S. and non-U.S. applicants, but English fluency is required. We are looking for availability between 20-35 hours per week, which can take place at your own schedule.
In this role, you will ensure quality and consistency across large volumes of content from our network of freelance writers. In addition to proofreading and editing, the Freelance Content Editor will provide feedback to external writers and internal Content Researchers to improve process and output.
What you’ll do:
- Edit between 30 – 50 pieces of content per week, ranging in word count but averaging around 1,000 words per article.
- Editing content to uphold Angi’s brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority, and trust.
- Ensuring content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Performing relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc.)
- User Engagement & Experience
- Keyword Usage
Skills and experience needed for success:
- 1+ years experience editing content for English publications and/or websites, checking for grammar, syntax, brand voice and tone, and more.
- Demonstrable track record of improving content for the web with experience writing or editing SEO driven content.
- Experience writing or editing home improvement, home décor or real estate content preferred.
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Experience with Grammarly, plagiarism detectors, Google Docs or other editing tools preferred.
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position may pay between $20 - $40 per hour
- This is a freelance position and does not qualify for company-sponsored benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.