This job is no longer accepting applications.
I’m looking for pitches for people to take over Culture Study for the week. Your responsibilities would be:
- A media-related prompt for the Tuesday Thread
- A Q&A with a subject of your choice for the mid-week post
- A broader prompt for the Friday Thread
- A short essay (~1000-2000) words for the Sunday Post
- A short list of “Things I Read and Loved” for Subscribers, to be included in the Sunday Post
The first four items would be filed on April 15th. The total rate is $2000, and will be paid to you upon publication in May.
Pitches should include your specific ideas for the first four sections and indicate a familiarity with Culture Study content, threads, and readers, all of which you can find by exploring the newsletter in depth. I’d also love for the person to engage in comments/threads at their convenience. I’m particularly interested in pitches from people whose perspective and identity are not identical to my own (aka, that of a straight, white, cis-gendered woman who grew up middle-class and went to college).
Deadline is March 1st. I will respond to every pitch after that date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.