Content Writer (Contract)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Notion guides teach our existing, engaged users to build systems in Notion. We highlight creative and sticky use cases that can make everyday work more enjoyable for team and personal users. These guides range from in-depth overviews of a specific product feature to broad best practices on how to set up a Notion workspace for collaboration.
In this role you’ll be responsible for taking guides from an idea to publication ready — working to outline, draft, and create visuals that tell a compelling product story.
What You'll Achieve:
- Write content for notion.so/guides around existing and upcoming features.
- Research and invent creative ways for teams to use Notion. Our users come to us looking for best practices, so it’s important that we are really intentional about giving them helpful tips and tricks that are aligned with all of other guides!
- Create visuals to illustrate your ideas. We know and love the power of a properly placed GIFs that can show off our product’s strengths better than we could ever explain it.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Experience writing effective long-form educational content in a modern way. This content will be surfaced to users on socials, in emails. The goal is to inspire and encourage users to go further with Notion.
- Design acumen to produce visual assets that support your writing and align with Notion’s brand image. No specific tool is required here, but you should be comfortable with creating and editing screen recordings for education purposes.
- Experience with Notion’s features and benefits for teams with the ability to put an opinionated spin on how to use a feature.
- An understanding of Notion’s voice no matter where you’re writing, and adapting the tone of our voice to the customer you’re speaking to or platform on which you’re writing.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing in the B2B SaaS space.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.