This job is no longer accepting applications.
Due to the rapidly growing interest in Rally Assets and in impact investing in general, our external-facing communications needs are growing. Can you help? We’re looking for a part-time freelance writer to draft website and social media content. The content will help our key audiences to understand our values, motivations, service offerings and sector-building activities – in short, what we do and why we do what we do.
You’ll need to be familiar with investing, if not with the impact investing sector, and with Canada’s social finance and charitable sectors.
You’ll be an experienced freelance writer with corporate writing experience, able to quickly discern what’s needed, with experience writing engaging social media posts and website content. We’ll provide a draft content calendar and topic guidance, with regular check-ins to ensure you’re on track.
We are based in Toronto but you can do the work from anywhere in Canada. You’ll need to be available throughout the week.
The work entails:
• Writing engaging social posts that are of relevance to our stakeholders
• Repurposing content from Rally materials as web content
While you will need to be on our social media accounts to understand what our stakeholders are doing and thinking, you won’t be posting live. All social posts and web content needs to be approved in advance by our internal teams.
We’d like you to work throughout the course of the week, in order to have timely content that can be turned around quickly. We expect you will:
• Have a short check-in with the head of marketing and communications at the beginning of the week to agree topics
• Share draft content mid-week for comment or approval
• Familiarity with the finance or investment world, ideally with impact investing
• Familiarity with Rally’s key stakeholder groups, such as foundations, endowments, impact measurement groups, family offices and asset managers/portfolio managers
• Corporate writing, repurposes, editing experience
• Experience writing for company website and writing company social posts
• Experience working with online shared documents
• Comfort with fast-paced work, changeable tasks and short deadlines
Tech skills are not required – we’ll take care of post scheduling and web content uploading.
Your application has been successfully submitted.