Do your family and friends come to you to ask what phone, computer, tablet, etc., to buy next? Looking at your social profiles and bios across the web, is it obvious that you're a technology product expert?
Lifewire, one of the largest tech sites on the web, is looking for several experienced freelance technology product experts who share our passion for helping our readers identify the best product for them without overwhelming them with hard-to-understand tech specs.
We are completely reimagining buying advice for technology products and looking for experts in their fields who are also excited about the chance to be a part of something new and innovative.
About The Role:
We’re looking for category experts who know the product landscape–what’s out now, what’s coming down the pike, which features are crucial, and which are marketing fluff– in one of the following areas:
- Audio Accessories
- Home Theater Audio & TVs
- Cameras and Accessories
- Car Tech
- Computers, Laptops & Tablets
- Computer Components and Accessories
- Phones & Accessories
- Smart Home
Candidates should have:
- Demonstrable experience writing straightforward, practical buying advice in one of the above categories
- Experience writing reviews or roundups for a web-based publication, with published examples
- The ability to work independently, keeping on top of product announcements and trends in your category
- Ability to explain complex tech topics in an informed yet accessible tone
- Ability to take well-lit, quality product photos for the web
- Dedication to hitting deadlines without fail
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
Nice to have
- Industry contacts in your area of expertise
- As a freelance Writer & Reviewer for Lifewire, you will review the best few products in a category, create roundups, and keep existing roundups up to date
- Work with Lifewire Editors to create and keep updated standardized benchmarks and testing procedures
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key hardware vendors
If you're interested and think you may be a fit, please submit a cover letter, resume, and links to 2 or 3 reviews and roundups you've written in the category that interests you. Include the category you're applying for in your cover letter.
We pay $300 - $500 per roundup, depending on the topic.
Open to residents of the U.S. & Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.