Content Writing/Blog Writing | Part-time (~10hrs) | Remote | Freelance | $45-75/hr (based on XP)
I’m Ryan, Head of Marketing at Astropad. Nice to meet you! I'd like to tell you a little story about content.
I started my content marketing career over 10 years ago, and let me tell you: it wasn't pretty in those days. Back then I didn't know much beyond fluffy language and a bit about gaming the Google algorithm. Content marketing circa 2012 was about finding cheesy ways to get links to your site. I hated that ish.
I've learned a lot since then. Today, I know what works, and what works is this:
Create the absolute best piece of content that not only solves the end-user's problem, but does so in a way that respects their time and consumption preferences, plus might even evoke a slight sense of joy.
That's what we're aiming to do at Astropad, and if that sounds like an adventure you'd like to be a part of, read on!
See you on the other side, Ryan
We aren’t new kids on the block, but we aren’t stodgy either. Astropad started in 2015 with Astropad Studio, an app that mirrors any creative application from your Mac onto your iPad, turning your iPad into a professional drawing tablet.
Huge creative productivity boost? 🎨🚀✅
Big drawing tablet price tag? 💰😩❌
A few years later we launched another product, Luna Display, which lets you use your iPad as an extended monitor for your Mac to do all sorts of other productive things. (I use mine as a 3rd monitor for Slack.)
Unfortunately, Apple kind of ruined that: https://astropad.com/sherlocked-by-apple/
Buuuuuut... and it’s a big but... 🤨
Things started turning around, and now we’re on our way toward having a lot more success than we had at our height before the Apple situation. (We forgive them now by the way.)
We’ve got some good stuff in the pipeline, and I really hope you want to be a part of it.
Who you’ll work with
- Ryan (that’s me!) | Head of Marketing - At least for now, you’ll primarily get your tasks from me. I currently manage all blog and email content, but this might change shortly (see below).
- Scott | Content & SEO - Over the medium term, you will begin getting your assignments from Scott. He'll also likely do your copy edits.
- TBD | Designer - We're nearly finished hiring this person and you'll work with them to make your article pop.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a hands-down fantastic writer who’s good at research and diving deep into topics, but still keeps the goal of the audience top of mind. Your vocabulary should be impeccable, but approachable. Your explanations should be thorough, but remain engaging. Most of all, you know just as much what NOT to write as what to write.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll be working on, at least in the beginning:
- 2-3 monthly articles for the Astropad blog
- Topical monthly email newsletter (think of these as mini articles that are email only)
- Various copywriting tasks for landing pages, ad copy, etc, as needed
- 3+ years of full-time professional content writing experience
- A rockin’ LinkedIn profile that shows that experience
- Original writing samples (pre-editor; to know what I'm working with)
- Highly skilled at researching any topic (AKA incredible Google-fu)
- Native-level written English (sorry, but we cannot lose editing time to translation errors)
Your application has been successfully submitted.