We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Notion’s Help Center (notion.so/help) is the key resource for millions of global users looking to learn about how to use the product. We’re looking for a content writer to join our team to create and improve content for our general user audience.
You’ll partner with cross-functional teams such as Design & Engineering, Product Marketing, Customer Experience and Customer Success to ensure that feature updates and launches are accurately captured in one of our most impactful content hubs. In this role, you’ll also help review in-product copywriting.
What You'll Achieve:
- Write and update reference documentation in Notion’s Help Center (notion.so/help).
- Work cross-functionally with our Product Marketing, International, Customer Experience and Customer Success teams to plan and prepare content for product feature launches.
- Partner with designers and engineers to review in-app copy for clarity and consistency.
- Help create a seamless user experience across our in-product and Help Center writing that is intuitive, practical, and delightful.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Proven experience as a writer, especially in medium- to long-form education/support content that drives key business results.
- A portfolio of technical or educational writing you have done in the past.
- Ability to distill complex information into simple, understandable and actionable copy for a broad audience.
- Strong cross-functional communication and project management skills — you’ll be working with key stakeholders across many different teams.
Nice to Haves:
- You are a Notion power user with existing knowledge of product functionality.
- Experience developing and refining SaaS product nomenclature.
- A portfolio of in-product writing you have done in the past.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.