Parenting Newsletter Writer
Writer at FamilyMade
Shawn Johnson and Andrew East know how difficult it can be to navigate family life, from pregnancy to parenting to relationships. That’s why they started FamilyMade—a diverse community of families navigating the good, bad, and hilarious…together. FamilyMade is rooted in Shawn and Andrew’s entertaining, honest, and wholesome approach to sharing it all with millions online every day.
Now, FamilyMade is expanding by bringing Shawn and Andrew’s characteristic personal, educational, and optimistic content straight to your inbox in a brand new newsletter and website content covering all things family and community.
We’re hiring a part-time Writer to join the FamilyMade team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
● Curating, scoping, and writing a 2x weekly newsletter covering parenting and family-friendly topics
● Exploring all corners of the internet to cultivate creative stories and sources
● Syncing with the FamilyMade team weekly to present original story ideas and improve our editorial products
● Must have experience writing narrative content
● Must be interested in researching, identifying, and writing about parenting and family-friendly content (but it’s okay if you’re not in that season of life right now!) in a creative and engaging way
● Must be excited at the prospect of taking on a position of editorial leadership and ownership
● Paid freelance position with potential for full-time in the future
● Remote work
● Opportunity to lead and build credibility in a growing industry
Your application has been successfully submitted.