Freelance Content Strategist / Copywriter
SPOTIFY x SAY IT GOOD STUDIO
Say it Good studio is looking for a content strategist/copywriter to work closely with Spotify R&D.
- Engagement: freelance part-time
- Experience: mid-weight
- Engagement: 6 months, 3-4 days per week
- Based: remote, preferably GMT or CET time zone
- Availability: ASAP
This is a part-time, freelance role to be part of an agency team embedded within Spotify R&D, the beating heart of the world’s leading audio company.
Say it Good is a small studio of independent thinkers, designers and writers partnering closely with Spotify’s R&D Ops - a team that supports and elevates Spotify’s R&D practitioners by driving impactful programs of work and cultivating thriving communities.
As the creative brand and comms arm, our focus is to ignite culture change through elevating and executing internal brand and communications design. Our audience are the talented people at Spotify working to build and shape the audio products we all know and love – engineers, product managers, and insights practitioners.
The role calls for a versatile, interdisciplinary strategist and wordsmith. You’ll collaborate with a dream team of program managers, designers, and stakeholders, working alongside Say it Good studio’s Founder / Content Director. You’ll be responsible for writing, editing, planning, and managing content for websites, newsletters, content hubs, toolkits, campaigns, assets, and more. Your work will help foster an internal company culture that is inclusive, informed, creative, celebratory, and collaborative.
Who you are
- You’re a well-rounded, freelance content professional with a background in or strong interest in working in tech
- You’re a wordsmith. You excel at writing and editing clean copy that reduces complexity and makes things sounds human and relatable.
- You think about content strategically, understanding how to get the important stuff across to the right people at the right time.
- You’re comfortable writing and editing copy for different mediums, both short and long form.
- You have a keen interest in information architecture, content strategy/design and well-designed user experiences
- You have marketing prowess, understanding how to clarify a CTA, build campaigns across different channels, engage an audience, and track success.
- You understand how to adapt tone of voice for different audiences.
- You are a great communicator and bring clarity, fun and joy to the projects you take on
- You care about people and what drives them, demonstrating an interest in topics such as culture, climate action and diversity and inclusion.
- NICE TO HAVE: experience working with or knowledge of product teams (product managers, product designers, developers)
- BONUS: experience working with Figma and Google Sites
What you’ll do
- Write and edit copy for a different platforms and mediums including websites, newsletters, decks, Slack messages, graphic assets, social posts.
- Help conceptualize and deliver (mostly internal) campaigns, toolkits, tutorials, and communication materials across different channels and platforms to get the message across
- Collaborate closely with Say it Good studio’s Content Director to turn strategic thinking into engaging campaigns, user experiences, and communication materials.
- Collaborate with designers to bring campaigns and user experiences to life, working across design systems, wireframes, templates, and branded assets.
- Oversee and manage editorial content across copy docs, CMS platforms, website back ends, and toolkits.
- Help shape tone of voice and editorial for a family of sub-brands within the Spotify ecosystem, with the goal of carving out thought leadership for its different discipline communities and the greater world.
- Stay organized and on top of incoming briefs and projects, being comfortable with juggling different projects and, at times, making clarify of ambiguity.
- Communicate closely with Spotify stakeholders over Slack and video calls, participating in weekly standup meeting and ‘client-facing’ meetings.
- Working office hours as part of a remote and semi-asynchronous team, using SaaS tools to stay connected and manage your workflow (including Slack, Trello, Figma, Miro, Google Docs, Sheets, Google Analytics)
- Bring a can-do attitude and good vibes!
About Say it Good studio
We're a small team of creative independents - thinkers, writers and designers - embracing a new world of work. We operate as a highly collaborative team embedded at Spotify.
We are new studio of freelancers, founded in 2022 as an extension of our founder’s own freelance services. We’re currently a team of 5 based between the UK and Portugal.
Our mission is to make a positive contribution to the world by enabling culture change – starting with the people who build the products and services we love. Above all, we believe in business as a force for good, and the power of great storytelling to drive positive change forward.
⚠️ Please only apply if...
- You’re available for an ongoing, part-time basis
- You’re an independent freelancer who is able to invoice a European entity
- You can demonstrate writing samples or case studies of your work
Your application has been successfully submitted.