Freelance Copywriter / Content Strategist
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and an office in New York City. We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. Past and current clients include L’Oreal Paris, Gap, SmartyPants Vitamins, Rowing Blazers, Barry’s, & ScottsMiracle-Gro.
We are looking for a freelance copywriter/content strategist to work with us across various accounts on a project basis. We have immediate needs and are looking to ramp up quickly.
We are looking for people with the following experience and skill sets:
- Content and creative ideation across different channels (web, email, social ads), pairing with our design team to develop marketing campaigns
- Website copywriting, especially for ecommerce (e.g. product descriptions, promo headlines, SEO best practices, etc.)
- Email marketing copy (e.g. subject headlines, email body copy)
- Social ad copy (e.g. captions on video ads, headlines)
- Ability to conduct research to better understand target audience
We are looking for someone who is:
- Creative, curious, and able to quickly learn new things about our clients.
- Responsive and clear in communicating with various team members.
This is a remote position. Please send us your resume and link to a portfolio.
Your application has been successfully submitted.