Freelance Senior Copywriter
Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility and family building through maternity, parenting, pediatrics and menopause. Maven's award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better maternal health outcomes, as well as enhance DE&I in benefits programs. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has been recognized as Fast Company's #1 Most Innovative Health Company and has grown to 15 million lives covered. Maven has raised $300 million in funding from leading investors including General Catalyst, Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 20 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Freelance, Senior Copywriter (Remote)
Maven is looking for an experienced Freelance, Senior Copywriter to join our Brand Creative team. This role will be primarily focused on B2B marketing initiatives (paid media, email nurture, website, enrollment marketing, etc.). Along with our Copywriter and Creative Lead, you’ll work closely with our cross-functional partners across Marketing, Product, Social, and Growth to ensure messaging is on-brand and impactful for each of our audiences, including enterprise clients, benefits leaders, healthcare professionals, and members.
As a Senior Copywriter at Maven, you will:
- Create, write, and edit engaging copy using the Maven brand voice and tone
- Conceptualize and develop copy across integrated digital campaigns, our website, emails, paid ads, and more
- Work directly with Creative Lead, cross-functional partners and internal leaders to understand their messaging needs and easily incorporate those asks into your work
- Collaborate closely with your Creative teammates to develop and refine ideas in an iterative and flexible process
- Present creative concepts to teams across the organization in a clear and compelling manner
- Clarify complex topics into easy-to-understand copy for B2B audiences
- Proof final deliverables and ensure final content is error-free and represented as intended
- Evolve the brand voice and support in strategizing new opportunities and improvements for our messaging
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting and creative strategy
- Portfolio of digital campaign work from small projects to large complex campaigns
- Ability to optimize for different contexts and media channels including print, web, social, and email
- Ability to write original, engaging, on-brand, grammatically correct copy
- Ability to work within an existing brand voice and adapt it for the medium and goals of a project
- Ability to manage competing opinions and deliver quality on-brand copy within a variety of contexts
- Passionate, detail-oriented, and proactive working style
- Innovative thinker and problem solver who’s comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an agency or growth-stage startup environment
- Experience in healthcare, tech, and/or in B2B copywriting
This is a contract role and is not eligible for any benefits. For candidates in NYC, CA or CO, the salary range for this role is $60 p/h - $110 p/h depending on experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.