Ownwell helps property owners save money on property taxes. Our proprietary software identifies property owners that are overpaying on property taxes, and helps us automate the end-to-end process of earning property tax reductions and refunds.
Over $40 billion is overpaid in property taxes each year, and inaccurate property tax valuations disproportionately affect people of color, immigrants, and low-income communities.
We’re dedicated to making the costs of property ownership more transparent and equitable, and believe that regardless of status or level of real estate expertise, everyone should have access to the information, tools, and resources to manage their property taxes like a professional.
We’re seed-stage and growing quickly. We’ve raised over $8M from top-tier venture capital investors and are looking for talented doers to help us build the future of personal finance for real estate.
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs
- Write compelling copy for a variety of media including website, advertisements, and blogs
- Create and edit original copy that is accurate, well-researched, and meets client/company needs and deadlines
- Conduct research to formulate ideas or support writing
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and customer success to assess project needs and help with messaging
- Develop a deep understanding of the nuances of home ownership, real estate, and property tax
- 2+ years experience writing copy for or working in real estate or financial technology
- Demonstrated writing skills for search engine optimization, marketing materials, and educational content
- Creative, resourceful, and motivated
- Receptive to feedback and a willingness to learn
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Passion for writing with an excellent portfolio of work
Ownwell’s vision is to democratize access to real estate expertise. When we say we want to provide access, we mean providing access to everyone. To do that well, we need a team that’s broadly representative. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Ownwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.