Science Content Writer
Who is Anatomage?
Anatomage is revolutionizing the way that students interact with science. Founded in 2004, our company harnesses the power of technology and visualization to teach science more effectively. Building off the success of the Anatomage Table, a life-sized virtual dissection platform to teach anatomy and physiology, the company is currently expanding into the general sciences, including physics, biology, and chemistry education. Our rapidly growing team is on a mission to build online lessons that are student-friendly, interactive, visual, and meet the demands of 21st century education.
About the Role
The General Science Team leverages animation, 3D visuals, and storytelling to build engaging and innovative video lessons. As a Science Writer, you will help create our stories, leveraging your experience in the sciences, science communication, and/or teaching to convert lesson outlines into final scripts. The ideal candidate has an ability to explain complex, abstract concepts using student-friendly, easy to understand language. You’ll rely on your strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
We are growing quickly, and if you’re interested in being part of a fast-paced team helping reinvent the science textbook with the student in mind, this role is for you.
This role is a remote based contract position with project-based pay (ranging from $150-$200 per final script).
What You’ll Do
- Translate science lesson plan outlines provided by the team into final scripts ready for production.
- Communicate complex scientific topics concisely, clearly, and using student-friendly language.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, including subject matter experts and educators.
- Be comfortable receiving feedback and implementing it independently.
- Create lesson outlines and review other scripts as needed.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills regarding topics in biology, chemistry, or physics.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and responsible
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Passionate about STEM education
Qualities We Look For
- Teaching experience, or demonstrated interest or ability tailoring content for students.
- Experience creating science content, either in formal or informal settings.
- Experience writing or copyediting, preferably in a science context.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences and/or writing, Master’s degree highly preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.