Scientific Medical Writer
The International Psoriasis Council (IPC), a growing international nonprofit organization dedicated to improving patient care around the globe, is seeking an experienced Scientific Medical Writer to join our team.
The Scientific Medical Writer produces congress reports on psoriasis-related sessions from important dermatology congresses worldwide. This will be accomplished by either attending the congress in person or virtually. They will also develop and revise scientific manuscripts, including scientific figures and tables, submit articles to journals and manage follow-up communication.
Additional responsibilities include reviewing and editing medical content for the IPC website, preparing needs assessments and learning objectives for accredited medical education activities and grant proposals, and leading survey design and data analysis as needed.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
- An MD or PhD in biomedical sciences and a minimum of five years of science writing and editing, with a proven track record of high productivity and high quality.
- Experience in dermatology, immunology, or psoriasis is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of basic biomedical science and clinical medicine.
- Ability to research and obtain scientific background material from various sources.
- Exceptional ability to understand and translate scientific content into reports and manuscripts.
- Ability to write thoughtfully and prolifically under tight deadline pressure, translating difficult science into lay language for news releases and articles.
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills and knowledge of grammar and spelling in English.
- Versatility in editing and revising writings of individuals with diverse backgrounds and languages.
This is a part-time (approximately 8-10 hours per month) contract, remote-based opportunity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.