Freelance Medicaid RFP Writer
Weber Associates is a Columbus-based boutique consultancy and marketing agency combining the intersection of right-brain analytics and left-brain creativity to help Fortune 100 clients drive bottom line growth through marketing, sales, and service excellence. We have a 36-year history dedicated to multi-channel industries: financial services, insurance, retail, and telecom. At Weber, our mission is to simplify the complex for our clients, and their business, consumer, and government customers.
We are looking for writers to help with developing high-quality proposal-ready narrative in response to Medicaid RFPs across all Medicaid populations, including TANF, CHIP, LTSS, ABD, Foster Care, and Duals.
FREELANCE - Medicaid Proposal Writer
- Create, revise, and edit content that supports a client’s response to Medicaid RFPs.
- Ensure content is compliant with each RFP.
- Accurately translate technical knowledge and requirements into clear and concise communications that emphasize business value to clients.
- Prepare for and participate in meetings, subject matter expert interviews, reviews, and progress updates.
- Communicate effectively (oral and written) in all aspects of the role.
- Support the editor(s) to ensure consistent editing and compliance with RFP standards, brand, style, tone, and commonly used terms.
- Adhere to deadlines and deliverables when high volume needs arise.
- Collaborate with pursuit and proposal teams to position client products as value-adding, problem-solving, cost-mitigating solutions that meet regulatory requirements.
- Manage weekly hours by project and weekly budget tracking.
- Must be extremely organized, a great communicator, and willing to be very flexible.
- Some evening and weekend work will be mandatory depending on RFP deadlines.
- Hands on experience and understanding of State Medicaid programs and their components.
- Working knowledge and application of RFP response principles (example: the Shipley model).
- Demonstrate a broad range of problem-solving skills (both proactive and reactive).
- Not satisfied with status quo – consistently strive for 100% quality across all deliverables.
- Some very limited travel may be required to client sites TBD
- BS / BA preferred.
- 2-3 years or more of relevant work experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.